Senior Instructional Designer - Empowering Performance, Inc.
Empowering Performance, Inc. (EPI) is seeking a Senior Instructional Designer with positive
energy, technical savvy, curiosity, sense of humor, and service-driven professionalism to join our
virtual team. If you are an experienced, creative, and detail-oriented instructional designer who
can craft engaging learning experiences (online, virtual, and in-person), this job may be for you!
- Ability to conceptualize, design, and produce digital learning materials (e.g., elearning courses, facilitator/participant guides, videos, performance support tools) of all kinds using proven instructional design principles
- Ability to turn complex ideas/concepts into engaging instructional interactions
- Exceptional skill in writing scenarios, scripts, and assessments
- Experience providing creative direction, conducting peer reviews, and delivering feedback to other team members
- Expertise in instructional design and a solid foundation of UX/UI design
- A willing collaborator, but also able to develop ideas independently
- Ability to work simultaneously on multiple projects
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Exceptional communication with people at all levels in an organization, including clients and SMEs
- Proficient in MS Office and Articulate 360 tools (Storyline and Rise)
- A portfolio demonstrating your instructional design, writing, and elearning development capabilities
- Experience copy editing
- Experience with graphic design, illustration, and photo manipulation using Adobe Creative Suite (and other appropriate tools) in an instructional context
- Experience with audio and video editing
We take our work seriously while having fun at our jobs. And the pandemic didn't throw us for a loop because we've been working virtually for over a decade. Check us out at aboutepi.com
We have an immediate need for someone with 5+ years of relevant experience, but are always looking for talented folks at all experience levels. Interested? Tell us about yourself and why you’d like to join our team.
Please send your cover letter, resume, and a link to your portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls, please. Direct applications only; no recruiters. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Senior Application Trainer - WEX Health Inc.
The WEX Health Application Trainer is highly motivated and responsible in assisting with the development and delivery of the learning solutions for the WEX Health Cloud software application. You will need to be effective in your delivery approach as well in demonstrating and utilizing needs analysis, project management, and evaluation skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deliver training curriculum as necessary
- Provide technical support to individuals in the implementation of designed instruction or in task analysis and instructional systems design
- Recommend and assist in the development of curriculum using instructional design and adult learning principles for various delivery options, such as eLearning, distance and classroom training, and blended learning
- Assist with the development of master course documentation, manuals, and other learning resources
- Remain current with up-to-date product information for all released software configurations
- Maintain excellent presentation and communication skills
- Bachelors of Arts or Science in a related field or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of training experience – technical aptitude required
- High attention to detail and a demonstrated ability to effectively communicate in written and verbal instruction
- Previous healthcare experience and knowledge of CDHP, reimbursement services, claims processing systems, etc.
- Advanced knowledge in the following computer programs: Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience with a variety of eLearning tools including, but not limited to, WebEx, Google Meet, and Zoom
- Possess a passion for a fast-paced technology inspired culture with the ability to work in a dynamic environment, consistently demonstrating positive business acumen
- Approximately 30% travel required
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disability
If interested, please apply by clicking HERE.
Education Specialist 2 - Flexible Options Online Instructional Designer
This position exists to develop learning experiences that ensure participants in MinnState courses and training programs have a quality learning experience that aligns with the desired learning outcomes and drives them to take additional MinnState courses or recommend them to others.
Under limited supervision, provide instructional design expertise and project management to instructors and subject matter experts in the design, selection, and/or development of appropriate instructional content, methods, materials, and delivery systems of flexible course modules for credit, non-credit, and customized training.
Design could include researching customer usability, developing evaluation instruments, and creating/modifying activities for virtual, asynchronous online, synchronous high-flex or hybrid learning.
- Partner and consult with instructors and subject matter experts to:
- assess learner needs and situational factors; design goals and objectives, assessments, and activities to meet learner and institutional needs using current instructional design methods
- develop and continuously improve courses and programs in support of web-enhanced and online instruction using a variety of tools that include but are not restricted to: eLearning authoring, collaboration tools, media, interactive case studies, low-fidelity simulations, and remote proctoring, with emphasis on curriculum design and the andragogy of teaching
- generate work plans, course content, and learning objects for online and web-enhanced courses
- Create training materials for online and web-enhanced courses and programs including: computer-based training materials, classroom training materials, quick reference guides, tutorials, templates, and other job aids along with developing a standardized process for flexible course module design
- Work with a variety of staff to assist instructors with launching and managing courses.
- Research and work with online learning team members to develop technology and process solutions that support development and delivery of online and web-enhanced courses.
- Perform other duties as assigned to ensure the smooth functioning of the departments and maintain the reputation of the organization as a viable business partner.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
The following qualifications are required of all applicants seeking consideration for this position. Only applicants whose resumes clearly demonstrate fulfillment of each of these minimum qualifications will be considered for the position:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3 - 5 years of work experience as an instructional designer in on-line teaching environment.
- 3 - 5 years of work experience with an eLearning authoring system such as Adobe Captivate and/or Articulate Storyline
- Experience working in e-learning platforms such as Desire2Learn Brightspace
- Experience managing projects to completion within budget and time constraints in a virtual team environment
- Experience leading stakeholders through coaching and educating on the need for quality course design
- Demonstrated instructional design and development skills (e.g. portfolio, online examples) including: needs analysis, applied adult learning principles, systematic instructional design processes, graphic design and visual support, evaluation, and impact assessment
- Experience applying the theory and practice of curriculum development, implementation, and evaluation processes to develop online course modules
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to build effective relationships with instructors and other subject matter experts and lead projects without authority
- Knowledge of educational theory and best practices in online learner success
- Experience with quality assessment tools and other data to guide the development and revision of online courses and programs
Physical Requirements of the Job: Light: Requires occasionally transporting such articles as file boxes and heavy hand tools or heavier materials with help from others and/or transporting light objects frequently. The position may require movement throughout building(s) to a significant degree.
The University: Metropolitan State University, a member of the Minnesota State, is a public, urban university located in Twin Cities Metropolitan area. The University provides an excellent, inclusive and engaging education to eliminate opportunity gaps and lead the Twin Cities community to a prosperous and equitable future. Recognized as a Minority Serving Institution, its employees serve approximately 11,000 students, two-thirds of whom are from communities of color or American Indian nations, are first in their family to attend college or are eligible for Pell grants. Metropolitan State is recognized by CollegeNet as a leading higher education promoter of social mobility for students (Ranked #21 out of 1380). The university offers programs leading to baccalaureate, masters and doctoral degrees. We provide accessible, high quality liberal arts, professional and graduate education with continued emphasis on marginalized groups, including adult learners. Recognized in 2008 and 2014 by the Carnegie Foundation for Community Engagement and named to the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll, the university is committed to academic excellence and community engagement through curriculum, teaching scholarship and services designed to support an urban mission.
Visit our web site at http://www.metrostate.edu
For campus safety information and crime statistics visit: https://www.metrostate.edu/students/support/safety
The School/Academic Department:
This position will be shared by two departments: The Metropolitan State University Institute for Professional Development (IPD) and the Minnstate IT Center of Excellence(ITCOE).
IPD is the continuing education and customized training arm of the university. The bulk of IPD’s work is in customized training where external organizations request training be designed for their current employees. This work is quite varied in topic requests, and the pace of requests and work flow are unpredictable. IPD does have some non-credit courses that it schedules and makes available for public registration. Continuing education course work flow provides a more predictable routine. See the website for more information on either of these products: www.MetroStateIPD.org
Both departments are entrepreneurial in nature focusing on the skills and knowledge Minnesota businesses desire for their future employees and creating or redesigning learning modules to address those needs. Since both departments ebb and flow based on business demands and analysis, fellow department members embrace the variety of people they collaborate with on short-term and long-term projects, see change as refreshing, and relish the creativity of the new and finding a path from problems to solutions for those we serve.
Salary Range: $30.59 - $45.36 per hour depending upon qualifications
Applications will only be accepted through the State of Minnesota Employment site at http://mn.gov/mmb/careers/ .Applicants may upload a unique and tailored resume and have the system automatically fill in portions of their application. This system also allows you to apply without a resume and complete an application by filling in each section. A progress bar will show what steps remain in the application process. You may also need to respond to screening questions about your qualifications. Applicants may save at any time and return later to complete their application.
*To comply with privacy and data practices requirements, please refrain from including personal information or photographs in your application materials.
* Employment for this position is covered by the MAPE collective bargaining agreement which can be found at:https://mn.gov/mmb-stat/000/az/labor-relations/mape/2019-2021/2019-2021-MAPE-final.pdf
Notice: In accordance with the Minnesota State Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to Minnesota State’s vehicle use criteria and consent to a motor vehicle records check.
For TTY, call Minnesota Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS) at 7-1-1 or 1-800-627-3529.
If interested, please apply by clicking HERE.
Training Manager - Tastefully Simple
Tastefully Simple is conducting a search for an excellent Training Manager to develop a strategy and create trainings, primarily for our direct sales consultants. This is a full-time employment opportunity; however, we are open to a contract for hire.
Critical Performance Areas
- Create training strategy
- Develop training content
- Design training tools and materials
- Oversee conference experience
- Deliver soft skill training
Competencies and Qualities
- A strong verbal and written communicator; simplifier, concise
- Customer focused
- Proactive; take the initiative
- Highly productive
- Strong eye for detail
- A culture fit
- Abundant Desire to achieve highest levels of excellence
Experience and Education
- BA or BS degree or equivalent life experience
- Training strategy development: Five years
- Instructional design: five years
- Online Training, including video and webinar creation: Five years
- Content development: Scripts, storyboards, creative concepts
- Development of best practices
- Metric creation, reporting and analysis
- Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook Powerpoint
Create training strategy
- Serve as a champion for consultant portal content
- Collaborate with Marketing Team to ensure excellent user experience
- Provide training analytics to make recommendations for improvements
- Identify opportunities to drive sales through training strategies
Develop training content
- Work with HQ Sales Team and consultants to create trainings for direct sales consultants to sell, sponsor and lead
- Make recommendations on training enhancements
Design training tools and materials
- Develop training modules, user guides, multimedia visual aids and handouts
Create and deliver soft skill training
- Determine skill gaps and build appropriate training
- Facilitate as needed
- Devote less than 5% of time to HQ team training
Oversee conference experience
- Develop training agenda for annual conferences Party Palooza and Lead Strong Conference.
- Execute conference vision, from theme to music to overall experience
- Manage rehearsal process, including content , outlines, rehearsals, audio visuals
If interested, please apply by clicking HERE.
Product Manager - Holmes Corporation
Holmes Corporation (HC) is a leading provider of educational products for the association marketplace and has been a strategic partner in education since 1970. HC has an opening for an experienced Product Manager. The Product Manager will be responsible for the management of learning system products in the association space. In addition to product management, this individual will be responsible for updates to and ongoing maintenance of assigned products. This person will be a key member of the development team.
Responsibilities include product management, project management, content oversight, sales support, and training and communication.
·Managing product accountability and performance, including customer satisfaction, market evaluation, and review of the competitive landscape
·Managing day-to-day operational aspects of products
·Managing post-release responsibilities
·Handling project management activities, including securing and managing all resources assigned to product/project
·Managing all efforts of product development cycle: content, software, marketing, production
·Managing relationships with stakeholders (clients, internal staff, subject matter experts [SMEs], etc.)
·Handling communication with all internal and external resources
·Recruiting and managing SME efforts
·Researching and/or reviewing program content in response to market questions
·Reviewing content drafts to ensure alignment with expectations
·Providing guidance and support to content developers
·Working with software development team to ensure that product requirements are met
·Using content development tools in online software to edit content
Sales Support/Training and Communication
·Participating in client visits, designing and delivering product webcasts, training internal and external audiences on product capabilities
·Creating and developing new product proposals, presentations, and pricing
The Product Manager requires strong written and oral communication, project management, and interpersonal skills. The ideal candidate has a minimum of five years of related experience and is a success-oriented self-starter with a bachelor’s degree. An understanding of adult learning and instructional design is necessary; PMP certification is a plus.If interested, please express interest by contacting Elizabeth Moore by clicking HERE.
This Spot Available for Your Job Announcement!
(Post a job for 60 days for Free if you are an active ATD-GTC member.)