The Greater Twin Cities Chapter of the Association for Talent Development Presents
Designing and Delivering Effective Training:
Gamification for Talent Development: Deconstructing the Psychology of Games to Entice, Engage, and Encourage Learners
Wouldn’t it be great to know how to introduce a gaming dimension into the corporate training programs you design or deliver? What would it look like to include game elements such as levels, challenges, rewards, and easter eggs to drive participation, engagement, retention, and to achieve a measurable ROI?
This hands-on program you will learn the 5-step process of gamifying a training program. You’ll learn how to:
- Define your measurable business objectives and determine how Gamification will help you to achieve your objectives
- Weave analogies and stories to make the training stickable – so that players remember facts and transfer skills to real world scenarios
- Create the right mix of ingredients and next steps in your learning activities to allow the participants to acquire knowledge and skill
- Identify the game elements and mechanics (chance, competition, collaboration, rewards, etc.) you will use
- Construct a consistent, attractive - even charming and captivating - cohesiveness that ties the entire project together
- Answer the question: Is it fun?
The Gamification of real-world training and development is a powerful technique which can motivate people and help generate loyalty to your organization, its products, and its message. At its core, Gamification is about finding the fun in the things that we have to do. When learning is fun, people remember, apply, and return to the learning.
| Jonathan Peters, PhD
An international professional keynote speaker, trainer, author, and copywriter, Jonathan believes that change is inevitable, adaption is vital, but success is optional. He works with those who pursue the option of success. His entertaining, energetic, edgy, and enlightening style not only makes learning fun and inspiring, but also memorable and applicable.
This program is FREE for all ATD-GTC members.
Members may register one complimentary, registered guest.