The Greater Twin Cities Chapter of the Association for Talent Development Presents
Gamification for Talent Development:
Deconstructing the Phycology of Games to Entice, Engage, and Encourage Learners
Wouldn’t it be great to know how to introduce a gaming dimension into the learning programs you de-sign or deliver? What would it look like to include game mechanics such as levels, challenges, rewards, and easter eggs to drive participation, engagement, retention, and to achieve a measurable ROI?
This hands-on program you will learn the 5-step process of gamifying a training program. You’ll learn how to:
• Define your measurable business objectives and determine how Gamification will help you to achieve your objectives
• Weave analogies and stories to make the training stickable – so that players remember facts and transfer skills to real world scenarios
• Create the right mix of ingredients and next steps in your learning activities to allow the participants to acquire knowledge and skill
• Identify the game elements and mechanics (chance, competition, collaboration, rewards, etc.) you will use
• Construct a consistent, attractive - even charming and captivating - cohesiveness that ties the entire project together
• Answer the question: Is it fun?
The Gamification of real-world training and development is a powerful technique which can motivate people and help generate loyalty to your organization, its products, and its message. At its core, Gamification is about finding the fun in the things that we have to do.
When learning is fun, people remember, apply, and return to the learning.